Pages

Tuesday 29 July 2014

Back on The Rocking Horse

They say the best  only thing to do upon falling from a horse, is to get right back up.

I can't ride a horse.

I haven't been banned, or anything. There have been no equestrian irregularities. I simply never learned. It seems, likewise, that neither did I learn to get back up.

I haven't posted a proper post on here for over two years. My last post, which has been (temporarily?) suspended, was a short poem following the death of a friend.

There was no plan to stop; no official hanging-up of my keyboard; no ceremonial smashing of my laptop. I simply had nothing to say. I'm sure that those of you who know me well, and those of you who have seen my posts on Facebook, may struggle to believe that I had nothing to say. Seldom am I not speaking. It seems however, that despite my proliferous posting, I have had hardly anything to say.

From grief, followed life.

Two years have gone in a flash of commuting, and child care. The ever eventful reality of becoming a fully grown family man, complete with fully grown ginger beard, and burgeoning belly mass, became my existence. Blogging wasn't avoided, it simply couldn't carve a cleft within my conscious.

So what has changed? Can it be that, Destry Rides Again?

That remains to be seen.


No comments:

Post a Comment